Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What We're Up To

Hey! This week, we are focusing primarily on the website layout. We had something positively beautiful from a team member, but someone from another class, who is, admittedly, the God of HTML, suggested something else, which I think that we can all live with. The idea is a "searchable database" (I'm still a little hazy on this bit) where we can have all of the Strength of We projects and have the opportunity for future Strength of We-ers to add their own projects, looking for help. I've been told it will be a Wikipedia/Creg's List combination. Right now, we don't have NEARLY enough information for a whole database, but I think that we will soon, if we can get this off the ground. 

I (Kit) am still waiting for the information that I will hopefully be receiving here soon about what exactly I should tell airlines. I'm prepared to make that call, but it seems that difficulties with the contact have arisen. Therefore, I provide help as the un-internet-savvy person of group, giving whatever I can to make it more user (and un-technologically-savvy person) friend as I can. 

Stephen is working hard and has put together an (awesome) slideshow in Flash that tells a bit about the Strength of We. I think that we're going to use it as a sort of "home" page. Or at least that was the plan this morning. By now, everything may have changed. 

David is still working to get us an estimate on what it's going to cost to send all those kids and if $150,000 is really enough. Sure, labor is great, but we need to be about to fund this clinic as well. Or at the very least, that would be incredibly cool. 

Lynn is working on some research to see if there are any past companies that have funded this kind of thing. So far, we know that Oprah has supported it with her "O Ambassadors". She is also working on things a little closer to home, fundraisers and whatnot that we can do right here, right now. 

Thanks to the team!

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Thanks Kit!! You're the best!!